I am a curious, enthusiastic, and reliable recent college graduate who is passionate about the books, media, and communication.
2012-2016 University of St. Andrews, Scotland – Ranked #1 in Scotland, #3 in the United Kingdom
MA Hons English and Modern History
Honors Dissertation: “How Howl Became History”
- Pitched, wrote, produced, filmed and edited a forty-five minute documentary using footage collected at Naropa, the Allen Ginsberg Collection at Stanford and Columbia, the 60th Anniversary of Howl symposium in Manchester, and one-on-one interviews with Anne Waldman, Billy Bragg, John Burnside, Joanne Kyger, Thurston Moore, and Clark Coolidge.
2010-2012 High School at Moorpark College, Moorpark, California
- GPA: 4.16, Ranked #2 in the School. Awarded Ventura County Star Scholar.
Dec. 2016 – Present Bookseller and Barista, Flintridge Bookstore and Coffeehouse, Los Angeles, CA
- Provides wonderful customer service, greets and engages with customers in conversation about books, cards, calendars, and other products.
- Ensures that products are put on the selling floor, organizing and shelving books.
- Manages Instagram and has increased engagement by 3x
Dec. 2016 – Present Publicity and Marketing Assistant, Red Hen Press, Los Angeles, CA
- Manages and researches targeted media lists for outreach campaigns, reviewers, book clubs, foreign rights, and events on concise spreadsheets and Access Database.
- Records, tracks, and maintains press clips and reviews for authors, titles, and press.
- Provides general administrative support to Publicist and Marketing Associate by managing executing publicity mailings, submitting for awards, assembling publicity materials, and fulfilling review copy requests.
- Contributes original content to social media platforms, blog, and monthly newsletter utilizing creative writing, graphic design, and Photoshop skills.
- Manages social media content on Hootsuite and email marketing Vertical Response.
- Assists with development of marketing and publicity plans for assigned titles by observing timelines, creating original content and visuals, and promoting giveaway opportunities.
Sep. 2016 – Dec. Publicity and Marketing Intern, Red Hen Press, Los Angeles, CA
- Promoted to Assistant.
Sep. 2016 Co Producer, Melrose Bellow Literary Festival, Los Angeles, CA
- Coordinated 20 different live events and prepared grant report for Dep. Of Cultural Affairs.
2013-2016 Treasurer (2015), President (2014), PR (2013), Literary Society of St. Andrews
- Directed, coordinated, and budgeted readings and literary performances, workshops and book club. Organized a series of lectures such as Shakespeare in Social Media.
- Launched and hosted a bimonthly literary reading series at local theatre.
- Managed Facebook and email marketing.
2015-2016 Editor-in-Chief, The Tribe, Arts, Culture, and Lifestyle University website, St Andrews
- Identified, selected, managed, and motivated a team of 20 editors to create engaging and original content.
- Defined and fostered our publication’s style, editorial policy, and brand. Wrote and introduced ‘The Tribe Manifesto’ to communicate our vision and brand.
- Set and attained our three goals: increase Facebook likes by 20%, have over 20,000 views a month, and publish three articles daily.
Summer 2014 Editorial Intern, Regnery Publishing, Washington, D.C.
- Trained in copy-editing, indexing, formatting, image research, and fact checking.
- Worked on six different book projects.
2013-2016 Director of University PR and Marketing, StAnza Poetry Fest, St Andrews
- Recruited, scheduled, trained, and managed student volunteers in box office and front of house at performance venues. Organized media outlets for previews and reviews.
- Organized, set up, and hosted the Student Open Mic with over twenty performers.
Summer 2016 Work Experience, Features Section, The Courier, Dundee, Scotland
- Wrote five features for Regional Newspaper of the Year 2016.
2015-2016 Pub Quiz Master, Drouthy Neebors, St. Andrews, Scotland
- Researched, wrote, marketed and hosted weekly quiz at local pub.
2015-2016 Director of Creative Content, On the Rocks Theatre Festival, St Andrews
- Created content for publicity articles for largest student theatre festival in Scotland.
2012-2016 Radio Show Host and Producer, St Andrews Radio, St Andrews
- Directed, produced, wrote and hosted a radio show about food, travel, literature, and culture.
2012-2016 Head of PR and Marketing, Fine Food and Dining Society, St Andrews
- Wrote, scheduled and managed all social media channels.
- Created marketing and publicity plans for our sell-out dining events.
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with local sponsors and businesses.
2014-2015 Travel Section Editor, The Tribe, University of St Andrews
- Edited and published travel articles managing a team of 16 travel writers.
2015 Production Assistant, Teen Choice Awards, Fox, Los Angeles, California
- Responsible for administrative tasks, transport, and bookkeeping. Assisted in research for Teen Activist segment.
Summer 2013 and 14 Production Assistant, French Open Tonight and DC Citi Open, Tennis Channel, Paris and D.C.
- Responsible for administrative tasks in high-pressure environment during live event as part of production team, which required adaptability and quick problem solving skills.
- Assisted director and lead writer of French Open Tonight during high profile interviews.
Summer 2012 and 13 Outreach Intern, Hollywood Fringe Festival, Los Angeles
- Created content for blog and programmed social media for live events.
- Assisted in publicity and event production, box office, and front of house.
Writing Courses and Training:
2017 Jack Grapes, Method Writing, Los Angeles, CA
2016 AWAI, Advanced Six-Figure Copywriting Intensive, Online
2015 Naropa University, Graduate Summer Creative Writing Program, Boulder, Colorado
2014 Story District, 5-Week Intensive Storytelling 101, Washington, D.C.
Publishing and Performance History
I have been published in the Moorpark College Review, Guerrilla Poetry, Inklights Literary Journal, The Saint, The Stand, Owl Eyes, The Tribe, The Culture Trip, Hollywoodfringe.org, Label Fashion, LA Female Playwrights Initiative, The Courier. I also manage a blog, LiteraryPixie.com.
1999-Present Girl Scout, Los Angeles
- Awarded Gold Award for leading a youth poetry program at Boys and Girls Club in 2012.